Incident Detail: 1934 Call No. 12

Call No.  12
Time Out
Time In

 House Fire 
 Mayers Forman, Wiconisco 

No Photo Available for This Incident

October 21, 1934

At 3 o'clock in the morning on Sunday, October 21, 1934, Charles Rowe and Chester Coleman discovered flames eating through the weather boarding and smoke issuing from the windows of Mayers Forman's home in Wiconisco. The pair called the Formans from their home and notified the Wiconisco fire company. The fire department, finding the fire of an insidious nature, called the Lykens hose company as well. The flames were confined to the boiler room. Lykens responded immediately but the fire was already under control. The damage, estimated at $125, was done largely to the cellar and an extra room that the Formans had closed in above the cellar. The fire was caused by a defective chimney.

 Copyright © 2004 -2020  Liberty Hose Company No. 2.   All rights reserved.  |  Legal  |  About Our Site  |