Incident Detail: 1961 Call No. 01


1961
Call No.  1
Time Out
01/14/1961
20:40
Time In

?
Type
 Fire 
Location
 315½ Market Street 


No Photo Available for This Incident

January 14, 1961

On the night of January 14, 1961, fire of undetermined origin caused extensive damage to the bedroom and hall of the apartment of Mr. and Mrs. Arthur Lower and their five children, located to the rear of 315 Market Street on North First Street. The fire was confined to the bedroom, which was completely gutted. Smoke damage was caused to the hall and upstairs apartment occupied by Mr. and Mrs. Fritz Long and family. The fire presumably started in the children's bedroom. Liberty Hose Company No. 2 responded to the alarm, and although hampered by smoke, prevented the fire from spreading. Fire Chief Elwood Miller estimated the damages at approximately $2,000, which was covered by insurance. The building owned by Mr. and Mrs. Lower was originally the Kissinger Hosiery Mill before being converted to the two-family apartment house.



 Copyright © 2004 -2020  Liberty Hose Company No. 2.   All rights reserved.  |  Legal  |  About Our Site  |