Newspaper Article:Lykens Standard: Friday, June 4, 1909Slight Fire SundayLast Sunday, about 11:30am, while J.R.Fisher and H.E.Sheesley were sitting on the front porch of the former's residence on North Second Street, East of Pine Street, Mr Fisher noticed smoke issuing from the roof of one of the Rudisill properties on Pine Street occupied by James McCann, formerly of Duncannon. Being satisfied that there was fire somewhere in the house, Mr Fisher went to the telephone in his store and called up Central to notify Liberty Hose Company. Mr Sheesley in the meantime carried his double ladders to the McCann home and had them erected just as the firemen arrived, who in a few minutes found the fire, which was caused by a defective flue, and extinguished the flames. The loss is estimated at about $200.00, covered by insurance with the J. H. Rowe & Sons' Agency in Millersburg. A.A.Rudisill desires us to thank all who assisted at the fire.