Incident Detail: 1901 Call No. 02

Call No.  2
Time Out
Time In

 Otto Long's House 

No Photo Available for This Incident

July 23, 1901

Fire alarm sounded at 4:15PM on Tuesday, July 23, 1901. The hose cart was run to the scene of the fire which was at the house of Otto Long on North Street. Arriving on the scene, the company found that the front roof was on fire. Connections were made, but no water was used. The fire was was extinguished before doing much damage. Damage was estimated at $10. From the fact that there was no fire in the house, the cook stove being in a back kitchen, the fire's origin was attributed to a spark from a neighboring factory stack.

 Copyright © 2004 -2021  Liberty Hose Company No. 2.   All rights reserved.  |  Legal  |  About Our Site  |